To see and to do
Up to the peaks and down into the valleys!
Koli is a paradise for those who enjoy nature. Check out our best tips for outdoor activities in the Koli area!
- The Koli national park has approximately 60 km of versatile marked hiking routes.
- There are paths for sightseeing as well as routes that are accessible for example with strollers.
- The longest route is the national hiking destination of the year called the Herajärvi trail (30-61 km).
- You can start hiking the Koli routes on the path that begins at our yard. The distance to the heart of the national park at Ukko-Koli is 13 km.
- The closest fire pits can be found at the Napakallio shelter (3.2 km) and the Ursa hut (7.5 km).
- You can purchase a Koli bicycle map at our reception desk
- The criss-crossing paved and gravel roads as well as the ski tracks and some paths going around the Koli countryside are well-suited for riding your bicycle.
- But make sure to reserve enough time - going is slower in the hilly terrain.
- We sell Koli cycling maps at the reseption, price 5 €.
- Koli Freetime is one of the accommodation locations along the 250 km long Pielisen Kierros biking route. See more of the Pielisen Kierros via the adjacent image link.
- Koli is excellent for snowshoe hiking thanks to the elevation differences, the thick snow, and the often rewarding crown snow landscapes.
- Snowshoes allow moving even in deep snow, letting you find a new perspective onto nature in the winter.
- You can try snowshoe hiking on your own or on guided tours.
- There are marked snowshoe routes going around the Koli national park, of which you can learn more by visiting the Koli nature centre Ukko.
- The illuminated Koli ski track begins at our yard. The track is 25 km long in each direction.
- The total length of the Koli ski track network is almost 100 km.
- We also have a child-friendly “sauna ski track” (length about 1 km) in our yard and a maintenance room for ski equipment.
- We take part in the maintenance of the Koli ski track network by paying the voluntary annual membership fee for the Koli ski track pool.
- You can purchase a Koli ski track map at our reception desk.
- Click the image to visit the Koli region ski track page.
- Ukko-Koli features one of the oldest downhill slopes in the country as well some of the most demanding slopes in all of Southern and Central Finland.
- The Koli slopes are memorable due to their amazing scenery and variable terrain features.
- A slope map, a live camera, and slope service information can be seen on the koliski page.
- Guests staying with us can keep their skis and snowboards in our ski maintenance room.
To see and to do
- The nature at Koli hides many peculiar sites to see and experience.
- We have collected some of the natural wonders of the area behind the adjacent image link.
- The list includes e.g. the Ryläys rockfall, the Räsävaara observation tower, crown snow forests, and the longest official ice road in Europe