Koli Freetime is the number one place for cross-country skiers!
- The longest unbroken well-lit ski track in Finland leaves from our yard and continues as far as Loma-Koli.
- There are 60 km of skiing tracks at Koli altogether.
- Koli’s first snowfall ski track leaves from our yard towards Koli (8 km) to the crossroads of Louhivaarantie. It is situated on a ridge so gets permanent snow earlier than the lower terrain. We will inform you about the condition of the first snowfall track on our front page in the section “Happening now”.
- The hill tracks (3 and 7 km) of the national park are located close to Ukko-Koli in gorgeous hilly scenery.
- In our own yard you can find a suitable “before sauna” ski track (suitable also for children).
- In our Pihatalo, courtyard house there are heated premises for maintaining your skis. You will find a stand for waxing your skis as well as wax. You can also buy wax and other equipment in our reception.
- Sauna is always included in the price when customers stay with us. Skiers can have a warm shower after skiing and sauna will be heated up on request.
- The cooled track of the Kontiolahti biathlon stadium opens the skiing season as early as the beginning of October. It takes about half an hour from Koli Freetime to drive to the stadium.
- You can have a look at the Koli ski track maps on the net (Koli.fi) or buy one from our reception desk.
We are also one of the partners of Koli scenery skiing event and Ahma skiing event and a starting point for these events.
Koli Freetime participates in the maintenance of the Koli ski track network as a paying member of the ski track pool.